BioPharm America 2012 Day 1 Recap
This morning MassBio’s own Bob Coughlin and EBD Group’s President Carola Schropp welcomed conference attendees to kick off the day and John Carroll of FierceBiotech revealed this year’s Fierce 15.
David Meeker delivered the Keynote Address (watch it here here). Meeker set the tone of the conference by encouraging open partnership, continued collaboration, and improvement for patient care and access.
-Development is not a solo sport.
-To be successful we need to be integrated, working across boundaries.
-How can we create something that will actually get to a patient, not just get approved.
The afternoon included several panel discussions including:
- Pharma/venture hybrid funds: What are they and will they be impactful?
- New financing models for creative exit strategies
- Examining major deals of the past year
- Early stage collaborations: When do they work?
- Emerging markets: Redefining global drug development strategy
- How do you operationalize external R&D? Best deal structures?
Join us tomorrow for another full day of partnering and presentations. On-site registration is still open! Full agenda can be found here.
Posted on September 19, 2012, in MassBio, Signature Events and tagged BioPharm America, Bob Coughlin, Carola Schropp, David Meeker, EBD Group, Fierce 15, John Carroll. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.