BioPharm America 2013 is only one week away! With over 500 companies from 30 different countries, this will be the ultimate life sciences networking and deal making event on the East Coast. Register now and begin setting up your partnering meetings right away! Don’t forget MassBio members receive $200 off of registration - be sure to mention “MassBio” in the comments field.
To prepare, here are the top 13 tips from big pharma experts on how to have an effective partnering meeting:
1. “We don’t expect the work you do to be perfect or fully comprehensive to gain our interest, however make sure whatever you do is of high quality.”
- Rob Wills, VP, Alliance Management, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
2. “Know your competitors and be ready to pitch your competitive advantage all the time.”
- Thomas Hanke, Director, Biopharmaceuticals Innovation Sourcing, Novo Nordisk
3. “Don’t oversell, but be clear about what is unique and exciting, and especially about what data is available now or coming soon that will provide a reason to believe.”
– Richard Brudnick, VP, Co-Head Business Development/M&A, Biogen Idec
4. “Understand your IP position and be prepared to discuss it.”
– Gregory S. Robinson, PhD, Sr. Director, Scientific Licensing Assessment, Business Development, Shire Pharmaceuticals
5. “Be prepared with a clear and short ‘elevator’ pitch and a focused conversation to follow—cramming a lot of powerpoint slides into a short meeting is neither effective nor memorable.”
- Richard Brudnick, VP, Co-Head Business Development/M&A, Biogen Idec
EBD Group, the leading partnering firm for the life sciences industry, will hold the sixth annual BioPharm America™ September 17–19, 2013 in Boston, MA, at the Westin Boston Waterfront in collaboration with MassBio.
The deadline to submit an application to present is June 28, 2013!
EBD Group invites biotech, midsize pharmaceutical, and next generation companies to submit an application for a company presentation at BioPharm America™ 2013.
**MassBio members receive an extra $200 off of registration – Be sure to mention “MassBio” in the comments field!**
Click here for more information and to access applications online. You will be notified about the status/outcome of your application by the end of July 2013.
BioPharm America™ is where biotech industry partnerships get started. Meet face-to-face with biotech and pharma executives from around the world to identify and enter strategic relationships.
In 2012, BioPharm America had over 750 delegates from 462 companies taking part in 1,846 one-to-one partnering meetings facilitated by partneringONE®, the the world’s leading web-based partnering system for the life science industry.
Check out the complete list of 2012 presenters here.
Don’t forget to check out MassBio’s Spring 2012 Newsletter!
1. Pharma gift ban isn’t squelching science, yet BBJ – 4/13/12
The Gift Ban succeeded in getting rid of pens and mugs with company names on them. It has embarrassed more than one local doctor who has been told he cannot take a yogurt or a bag of chips at a conference. Link
2. Head of BIO advocates FDA chief innovation officer Mass High Tech – 4/18/12
The head of the leading biotechnology trade group, the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), was in Boston this week, ahead of the group’s annual meeting, taking place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center from June 18 to June 21. Link
3. With Flat Budget Proposed, Clamor Builds in Congress for More NIH Spending GEN – 4/18/12
This election year wouldn’t appear to offer much hope for real year-over-year growth in the NIH budget, with both sides of the political spectrum attacking sky-high federal spending. President Barack Obama is proposing to keep NIH’s budget flat in FY 2013 at $30.702 billion in discretionary budget authority from Congress and $30.86 billion in overall program level funding. Link